Favorite Quotes

Therefore do no worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. – Matthew 6:34

Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery. - Jane Austen

If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. -Mary Engelbreit

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Paper Dahlias

I have a good friend who got married this past weekend. The reception was outside and she and her mother found a paper dahlias project to decorate the tent. I was skeptical but I was a good bridesmaid and supported the bride in her decision without much questioning. I'm so glad I did because they turned out lovely and added a ton to the wedding-eske feel to the tent. I don't think the color scheme would have carried nearly as well without them. The bride, her mother, and sisters made the majority of the dahlias. I helped later in the project and made a few when the rest were mostly dahilaed out.

The project is fairly easy. The petals are cut out scrapbook paper. The paper squares are stapled into a petal shape and then hot glued to a cardboard cake stand/board/plate.....I'm not sure what they are called. We worked the layers from the outside in. The color combinations are endless and could be altered for pretty much any occasion or holiday. I think they could be stored in a wreath box. I'm concerned about how many seasons one would last. Once the paper is bent or wrinkled, it will not go back to looking the same.


I wish I had taken more pictures of the decorations

The dress in the background is a bridesmaid's dress which was on point with the color scheme for the wedding. My table had white while other tables had peach or pink.




No comments:

Post a Comment