Favorite Quotes

Therefore do no worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. – Matthew 6:34

Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery. - Jane Austen

If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. -Mary Engelbreit

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Self Care

As a Certified Zentangle Teacher, I have recently fallen into the trap of regularly teaching but not taking the time to tangle for myself. I love having a project and remembered that last year at the Zentangle conference, I bought an ensemble pack which I have yet to touch. I took it out today and was pleasantly surprised that it is actually two ensembles, not the one I was expecting. I took my find and tangled one square today and will try to make the time to finish it within the next month or so. I'm tentatively planning on framing them. My house does not have any of my own work hanging on the wall and I would like to change that. 

The nine piece ensemble project
Pre-shading
Post-shading
I considering waiting to shade until I had tangled all nine pieces, but I'm happy with how it turned out. It was so nice to tangle without worrying about making basic or too complicated looking. I've noticed that when I make examples for my classes, the teens put themselves down if their zentangles don't look like mine. The fact that I have much more practice with the tangles does not seem to reassure them. For the most part, I've stopped creating example tiles for class. I still hand out a paper with about 20 tangles to jog their memory, which I have yet to post on my blog. Note to self. 

No comments:

Post a Comment