Favorite Quotes

Therefore do no worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. – Matthew 6:34

Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery. - Jane Austen

If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. -Mary Engelbreit

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Tangling and Crocheting

I've been working on a zendala from a couple weeks on and off while at work. Sometimes my residents work on creative pursuits while in session and I try to encourage them to relax by working on my own stuff instead of staring at them.

I visit printmandala.com for pages to hand out to my color happy residents. 
I'm not working on my zentangle collage as quickly as I'd like but I've finished one more piece of the nine.

While going through my closet a couple weeks ago I stumbled across a crochet project which I started last summer. Last summer I was required at work for four Fridays to participate in a DBT video training. It was good information but it was difficult to watch a video for 8 hours. I was allowed to being my crochet project into the training which very much helped me to keep focused. I finished all the squares during the training but did not finish the blanket.

I was inspired to learn this way of crocheting by a few of the residents at my work. They tend to go through phases of interests and last summer a bunch were very much into crocheting. I had all the yarn leftover from a different crochet project which I abandoned.

My 16 squares
Finished project
The side without the binding
With the binding
It ended up being a funky size but it would be good as a baby blanket or floor covering. I would work on it more but I'm not in a crocheting mood at this point. I go through cycles in my artistic interests. What I need to be working on is my husband's cross stitch Christmas stocking.

4 comments:

  1. Your zendala is an interesting monotangle. How are you thinking of shading it? Ah, the old stand by Granny square for the afghans. That stitch can be used for so many things. Decades ago I think I did a poncho using it as well as a few afghans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your one follower was lonely, so I joined too. Love your Tangle and crochet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments! I was not planning on shading the zendala. I haven't figured out a way to shape printemps to a way that I like. In the future I plan on practicing on smaller projects.

    I have a few other crochet projects that I completed last summer. Crocheting was my jam while I was house bound with a broken ankle.

    Thank you for the follow Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you interested in attaining enlightenment and personal growth?

    Try doing the following two yoga exercises daily:

    Sodarshan Kriya Yoga

    Sat Nam Kriya Yoga


    Are you interested in preventing and curing cancer, Alzheimer's, high blood pressure, and many other common diseases using an inexpensive, natural indian spice called turmeric?

    Take two teaspoons full of turmeric powder mixed with a cup of warm soy milk (or any kind of non-dairy milk that you'd like). Also eat 2 or 3 black peppercorns along with it, as the pepper helps your body absorb the turmeric better. You also need fat for the turmeric to be absorbed properly, which is why drinking turmeric mixed in water won't work. You have to drink it with milk or some fatty based liquid. Do this twice a day and you will start to feel amazing within a couple of weeks.


    Lastly, please read the following two ancient indian scriptures which talk about the divine love of God:

    Ananda Vrindavan Campu PDF

    Govinda Lilamrta PDF


    If you have any questions about yoga, meditation, spirituality, or natural cures, feel free to email me at delugar@mail2tor.com

    ReplyDelete