Favorite Quotes

Therefore do no worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. – Matthew 6:34

Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery. - Jane Austen

If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. -Mary Engelbreit

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Dry Erase Calendar

The Dry Erase Weekly Calendar is cute and easy to accomplish. I already had a frame when I found this project. In college, while I was taking out the trash, this frame was sitting right on top of the dumpster. In the frames were all graduation pictures. Why this person threw it out, I still don't understand. There was nothing wrong with it! Nothing! Why would I spend $20 when I got this for free? I have found the exact frame at Target if you do not have the opportunity to look through dumpsters.

For those of you who don't have wasteful neighbors, this is what you'll need:
  • A collage picture frame.  
  • Scrapbook paper. I had a different kind of paper for each day but the combinations are endless. At a craft store you can buy a pack or individual sheets. I recommend buying individually if you don't scrapbook. 
  • Scrapbook letters. You can also write the days of the week by hand;  I bought letters because I am critical of my handwriting.  
  • Scissors
  • A pencil or pen for outlining
  • A dry erase marker
The project takes about half an hour. Customize it how ever you would like!

  1. Use the backing of the picture frame and trace on the backside of your scrapbook paper of choice. 
  2. Cut it out.
  3.  Now for the lettering. Each frame is a day of the week. If you are a perfectionist, you may want to measure the letters so they are centered. I just eyeballed it and adjusted as I needed to. As you can see on the picture, I had to place Thursday vertically instead of horizontally due to the length of the word. 
  4. Place each piece of paper in the frame. 
  5. Find a place in your home, hang it and you are done! 
This is a repost from a blog that I started and stopped in 2012. It still gets a bunch of hits so I thought it would be a good idea to repost it here as well. It is not my original idea; there are a bunch of different versions floating around on pinterest and other craft/art blogs. I looked at a few back then as inspiration. I love my version which I created in 2012 to use in my office. I ended up not using it but I kept it around and it now has a place on the wall of my new home's kitchen. 

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! Hopefully this will help me get a bit more organised!

    ~~ thecupcakestall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done everything to make the frame, but when I get out my Expo dry erase marker to write on the glass, it shows up translucent. Is there a different dry erase marker that works, or should I use wet erase markers (messy)?

    ReplyDelete