Favorite Quotes

Therefore do no worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. – Matthew 6:34

Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery. - Jane Austen

If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. -Mary Engelbreit

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Moss Stitching

I tried out the moss/granite stitch this week (follow this link for instructions). It takes more time that the other stitches I have tried out lately since it is all single stitches. I found it frustrating to start out and ended up permanently adding a twist in the scarf so it won't lay flat. Once is it is worn I don't think it will be too noticeable.  

I worked on this piece at my community's stitching group last night. Apparently it used to have 8-10 members but it is down to three, four if I am included. I am the youngest person by far but that's ok. One of the members is from Guatemala so I have increased motivation to try to learn Spanish again. 


After washing my completed projects with softener, it all feels soft and comfy. I rewashed the items after again because I am not a fan of the smell. After washing and drying the blanket I had to fix a couple squares that came undone. Luckily it is an easy fix.

Even though last week was mid-October, all the Halloween and fall decorations were 50% off. I bought a small craft pumpkin and have been zentangling on it. I found a metallic sharpie in my art supplies that adds a cool contrast.




I found this AMAZING yarn at Michael's designed by Isaac Mizrahi. It is super bulky and will feel great once it's done.
Unfortunately I ran out of yarn since each skein was only 69 yards. Hopefully I will start working at Michael's soon so I can justify buying more yarn in the near future. 
I started experimenting with the yarn I bought for a rainbow project. It will evolve hopefully over the week.
Another art journal entry 
This funniest thing I have seen all week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment